If you’re looking for a cooling and heating solution for your SAN ANTONIO, TX office or home, a Mitsubishi Split Air Conditioner systems might be the most practical and cost-effective solution. No matter the size of the room you want to regulate, duct-free air conditioning systems from Mitsubishi Electric provide the flexibility and energy efficiency to get the job done. These compact air conditioning units fit almost anywhere and don’t require a duct or window. Consisting of an indoor air handling unit and a slim-line outdoor condenser unit, they can be installed in tight spaces or recessed or suspended from the ceiling.
The mitsubishi split air conditioner systems bring the latest technology and flexibility to meet any home’s needs. Mini split systems can provide a more affordable alternative for families that cannot afford a traditional HVAC system or need a different alternative. The average price for the equipment and installation of a system starting as low as $3,500. Additional heating zones and greater heating capacities will increase the cost of the system. Other factors that will affect the cost of an installed system include manufacturer and model, refrigerant line-set length, difficulty of installation, and contractor rates.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: MITSUBISHI MINI SPLIT SYSTEMS
- What is a ductless heating and cooling system?
- How does a ductless system work?
- What are appropriate applications for a ductless system?
- Are ductless systems efficient?
- How long have ductless systems been around?
- How long will a Mitsubishi ductless system last?
- How much does a Mitsubishi ductless system cost?
- What incentives are available for Mitsubishi ductless systems?
- What kind of maintenance does a Mitsubishi ductless system require?
- How do I know what sized system my house needs?
- What is a Mitsubishi Diamond Dealer Installer?
- Where can I purchase a Mitsubishi Mini Split System?
1: What is a ductless heating and cooling system?
A ductless heating and cooling system is a highly efficient zonal heating and cooling system that does not require the use of air ducts. Ductless systems consist of an outdoor compressor unit and one or more indoor air-handling units, called “heads”, linked by a dedicated refrigerant line. Indoor heads are typically mounted high on a wall or ceiling covering a 3 inch hole where the refrigerant line passes through from the outside unit, which is mounted at the base of the house. Each indoor head corresponds with a heating and cooling zone that can be controlled independently.
2: How does a ductless system work?
Ductless systems are reversible, two-way heat pumps that use electricity to transfer heat between outdoor and indoor air by compressing and expanding refrigerant. Using a refrigerant vapor compression cycle, like a common household refrigerator, ductless systems collect heat from outside the house and deliver it inside the house on the heating cycle, and vice versa on the cooling cycle.
Ductless systems use variable speed compressors with inverter technology (AC to DC) in order to continuously match the heating/cooling load, avoiding the on/off cycling of conventional electric resistance and central heating systems commonly associated with uncomfortable temperature variations and high energy consumption.
3: What are appropriate applications for a ductless system?
Replacing an existing zonal heating system – Ductless systems are ideal for replacing or supplementing inefficient electric baseboard, wall or ceiling units. A cost effective electric heat conversion in a small house might consist of single system serving the main area of the house, while leaving existing electric baseboards in bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Room additions – A ductless system can also be implemented when a room is added onto a house or an attic is converted to living space. Rather than extending the home’s existing ductwork or pipes, or adding electric resistance heaters, the ductless system can provide efficient heating and cooling.
- New construction – New home designs can be adapted to take advantage of a ductless system’s many benefits. One or more systems might be installed in various “zones” of the house to simplify installation and minimize refrigerant line length.
4: Are ductless systems efficient?
Yes! Ductless systems operate using 25% to 50% less energy than electric resistance and forced air systems. Three key factors account for the high efficiency of a ductless system:
- Ductless systems allow the user to control each heating/cooling zone independently, eliminating the costly over-heating and cooling common to central air systems. Why pay to heat or cool rooms that are not currently occupied?
- While central air systems lose as much as 30% efficiency through air leaks and conduction in the ductwork, ductless systems distribute air directly to each zone, resulting in 25% greater efficiency. Ductless systems use inverter-driven, variable speed compressors that allow the system to maintain constant indoor temperatures by running continuously at higher or lower speeds. Thus, the system can ramp-up or down without great losses in operating efficiency, avoiding the energy intensive on/off cycling common in electric resistance and forced air systems.
5: How long have ductless systems been around?
Ductless heating and cooling systems were developed in Japan in the 1970’s and have since become a preferred heating and cooling system throughout Asia and much of Europe. In the United States ductless systems have been used in commercial applications for over 20 years.
6: How long will a Mitsubishi ductless system last?
With proper maintenance and care a ductless systems should perform for over 20 years. Many of the systems installed during the 1980’s are still functioning well today.
7: How much does a Mitsubishi ductless system cost?
The average cost of an installed ductless systems with a single indoor heating/cooling zone starts at $3,500. Additional heating zones and greater heating capacities will increase the cost of the system. Other factors that will affect the cost of an installed system include manufacturer and model, refrigerant line-set length, difficulty of installation, and contractor rates.
8: What incentives are available for Mitsubishi ductless systems?
- Utility Rebates: We offer cash rebates as high as $1,500 when you upgrade their existing electric resistance heating system to a ductless system. Interest-free financing is also available.
- Federal Tax Credits – Additional incentives: May be available to taxpayers who purchase a qualified energy-efficient ductless systems.
9: What kind of maintenance does a Mitsubishi ductless system require?
Ductless systems require basic maintenance to ensure optimum performance. In most cases maintenance is limited to keeping filters and coils clean. These tasks can easily be performed by the home-owner.
10: How do I know what sized system my house needs?
Ductless systems are sized to meet the heating and cooling needs of a home’s individual zones. There is a great deal of flexibility when it comes to system sizing as one indoor unit can provide between ¾ and 2 ½ tons of heating/cooling depending on its BTU capacity rating. Some common capacities for indoor units are 9k, 12k, 18k, 24k, and 30k BTU. Outdoor units are sized to meet the combined load of all heating/cooling zones. More than one outdoor unit may be necessary for multi-zone systems.
11: What is a Mitsubishi Diamond Dealer Installer?
A Mitsubishi Diamond Dealer Installer has proven experience with ductless systems and provides thorough customer support. These installers have successfully completed Quality Assurance Inspections, a high level of technical installation training, and agreed to rigorous series of best practices. A ductless system installed by a Mitsubishi Diamond Dealer Installer will include attention to equipment performance, appearance, and thorough customer education.
12: WHERE CAN I PURCHASE A Mitsubishi Mini Split System?
For San Antonio TX residential and commercial installations and consultations call IKES AIR CONDITIONING at (210) 680-1234. IKES AIR CONDITIONING is a Mitsubishi Certified Diamond Dealer Installer located and serving San Antonio, TX for over 30 years.
Mitsubishi Mini Split System Diamond Contractor – San Antonio, tx.
For additional information on Mitsubishi Mini Split Systems contact a Mitsubishi Authorized Installer and Diamond Contractor in your area. For San Antonio, Tx and surrounding areas, contact:
IKE’S AIR CONDITIONING, INC.
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78238 (Bexar)
Residential and Commercial
5504 Bandera Road #203
San Antonio, TX 78238